Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Altec D91P

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AdamGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have bought an Altec D91P handheld mic. Can anyone tell me the mic wiring codes for this microphone and what it was originally used for. It has a 5 pin half moon Switchcraft plug.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Graham
    I have an old 683 mic that came wired with a 5 pin XLR; could your mic have a 5 pin XLR too ? Two of the pins were 50 Ohm , two were 150 Ohm , one was shield and one was HI Z . I know that makes 6 , but the 50 was tap on the 150 .
    use an Ohm meter and you will sort it out.
    Don

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    PS
    I found the cut sheet on the 683A Mic.
    Pin 1 shield
    Pins 2 & 3 30/50 Ohm
    Pins 2 & 4 150/250 Ohm
    Pins 1 & 5 HI Z ( for short cables < 15 ft/5 meters )
    Don

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AdamGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    What were these mic's used on? I can't find info on them anywhere! It looks like a regular c.b., or ham microphone, which is what I want to wire it for. I'll post a pic this evening when I get home if that could help. The only writing on it says"ALTEC D91P LOW IMPEDANCE U.S.A"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AdamGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    OH YEAH......Thanks for the info. Donald!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.